What is Coaching (vs. consulting)? *
Coaching is partnering with clients to engage in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize their personal and/or professional potential.
A professional coaching relationship exists when coaching includes a business agreement or contract that defines the responsibilities of each party and the desired outcomes.
Types of Coaching *
- Executive Coaching: Coaching for top-level management to improve strategic decision-making and leadership as well as personal development needs.
- Business coaching: Coaching the cascading leadership of the organization, as well as non-leadership employees, to improve their ability to direct/deploy the organization’s resources (human and otherwise) to achieve the organization’s vision and strategy.
- Team Coaching: coaching organizational teams. These coaches help teams to work collaboratively and effectively to achieve their mission and goals as determined by the organization’s strategic direction.
- Life coaching: A life coach deals with the client’s life in all its dimensions such as home, work, health, finances, and relationships.
- Career coaching: coaching people who want to find a job, change career, or get back into the job market after a break from work.
Why engage the support of a coach? *
From the HBR Research Report by Diane Coutu and Carol Kauffman:
How to Choose a Coach *
Since this is a relatively young field, it may not be easy to just pick based on accreditation. Assuming you are to be the coachee, interview several coaches to 1) understand their coaching philosophy, 2) review their methodology, and 3) determine the level of rapport you feel with that coach.
Transformative Results Coaching Process: *
Transformative Results Coaches *
Based on the initial needs assessment, we will select 2-3 potential coaches for you from our group of expert associate coaches. You can select which person with which you feel most comfortable who you believe can help you the most.